132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
ONCDC Internship Program
Our Neighborhood Child Development Center is starting an internship program!
We are looking for energetic, open-minded interns to help foster curiosity, authenticity, and respect with young children. An Our Neighborhood intern should love working with children and believe that young children are competent individuals worthy of a loving, engaging environment.
As an intern, you will be in one of two spaces, with children 0-3 years or 3-8 years. Each room has a slightly different approach and rhythm to their days, but each upholds the same values.
ONCDC interns will have the opportunity to participate as a teacher, learning from the teaching team and receiving feedback to help them grow. They will have time to reflect on the learning they see, and create documentation to reflect that back to the children, as well as opportunities to grow professionally.
- Committed to children
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position (i.e. care for active young children, outdoors in all weathers, repetitive bending and lifting)
- Must have creativity, compassion, and flexibility necessary for working with children, parents and team members.
- Excellent communication skills - proactive in asking questions to learn the routines of each room
- Thrives on being on-the-go in changing environments
- At least 16 years old
What will you learn?
- Respectful Care
- Reggio Emilia
- Conscious Discipline
- Conflict Resolution
- Value Based Decision Making
- This position is non-exempt, part time and does not include benefits. Starting compensation is $15/hour.
- This position has potential to grow into a full-time, salaried position with benefits for the right candidate.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- After school
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- No weekends
- Self-determined schedule
- How do you believe children learn best?
- What do you think are the benefits and difficulties of early childhood education for young children?
- What draws you to want to join the Our Neighborhood team?
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AdjunctProfessorJobs.*