132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 7 New Jobs Today.
Instructor Upward Bound SE - Adjunct (Grant Funded)
We are currently seeking an Upward Bound Instructor who will advance the institution’s proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service.
You: You’re passionate about helping students achieve success.
Your mission: At HCC, we’re committed to preparing students for academic, personal and career success and we’re looking for someone like you to provide instruction in a subject area such as Math, Science, English, Foreign Language or Life Skills that will help them achieve success.
The program: The Upward Bound program recruits H.I.S.D. students from the 9th and 10th grades in order to aid and encourage them to successfully complete high school, enroll in a post-secondary institution and graduate from that institution. Approximately 80% of Upward Bound students have successfully completed high school and enrolled in an institution of post-secondary education.
Your work: In addition to time spent teaching your subject, you’ll be advising students on academic and career issues, and assisting them with registration, orientation and assessment as needed. Sensitivity toward students from diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, as well as students with disabilities, will be important in this role. Finally, you’ll keep your eyes open for new ways to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and using innovative methodologies, techniques and delivery methods.
Next steps: If you’re excited about helping students achieve success, your next step should be to submit your application today!
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Some of the brightest minds in academics and business are choosing HCC as their teaching home. When you join our talented faculty team, you’ll play a special role as teacher, mentor and academic advisor. We’ll support you in your professional development as you contribute your knowledge and expertise to HCC, our students and the community.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
• Third-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
• About 145 languages are spoken here.
• Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
• Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
• The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
• World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate healthcare system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
• With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
• Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
Office of Institutional Equity
*Please mention you saw this ad on AdjunctProfessorJobs.*
Adjunct Professor Jobs in Popular Cities