132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Men's Basketball Head Coach (Part Time Temporary)
The head coach is the individual charged with the responsibility for planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing the duties and functions of the individual sports program. The head coach must work closely with all others involved in the department, college, EPAC, Region 19 and NJCAA in carrying out the mission and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The head coach is directly responsible to the Director of Athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering all aspects of the program including coaching, promoting, recruiting, team travel, requisitioning and maintaining equipment, supervising assistants, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, and fulfilling other such duties as they arise or as assigned.
- Manage all assistant coaches and ensure they adhere to this same job description/ expectation.
- Maintain and report team results and statistics to the region, director of athletics, and input the game statistics into the NJCAA website within 24 hours of the game.
- Understand and comply with all EPAC, Region 19 and NJCAA policies and procedures and disseminating such information to assistant coaches and student-athletes.
- Responsible for treating the academic achievement and requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as a matter of the highest priority for the student-athlete. Coaches are to promote and uphold the academic standards of the Department, the NJCAA and Montgomery County Community College.
- Work with the Director Athletics when scheduling use of facilities, and keeping the Director of Athletics informed of the condition of equipment and facilities. All facilities and environments whether home or away should remain safe for all athletes, coaches and other personnel.
- Provide on-site supervision during all practice and game situations, including locker room supervision when applicable.
- Travel with the team during all school related functions in colleges provided transportation.
- Report all injuries to the Director of Athletics immediately.
- Lead fundraising efforts and identify opportunities for community service.
- Attend all required EPAC and Region 19 meetings and be actively involved.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelors or higher degree preferred.
- Coaching experience and demonstrated ability to recruit student-athletes and develop successful programs. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Strong communication, listening and time management skills.
- Ability to manage a team in a fair-minded, honest, efficient, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NJCAA rules and compliance.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certifications are required; if certifications are not current at time of hire, continued employment is contingent upon obtaining these certifications within three months of hire.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AdjunctProfessorJobs.*
Adjunct Professor Jobs in Popular Cities